Choosing Right Hardware for Doors & Windows
- Published in : Aluminium accessories
- Posted By: admin
- 30 Aug 2021
Doors and Windows are an important element in any building structure. They reduce energy costs, improve ventilation and make the interiors more comfortable. That’s why its important to learn about the major components required while installing doors and windows. Choosing the correct door hardware help make your life easier.
Each and every doors and windows consists of several hardwares such as handles, window extrusions, fasteners, hinges, locks, hooks, number plates, and glass. Architectural hardware includes components such as entrance door hardware, commercial pull handles, railings & channels, door locks, patch fittings, hinges, aldrops, and others. Architectural hardware enhances the appearance and aesthetics of the installation
Performance of a window is directly connected to the hardware components used. It is highly recommended to consider the below-mentioned points to avoid application failures while installing a window:
- Does the hardware suits your window frame size?
- Does the hardware fit into profiles without additional machining?
- Does the hardware come with life cycle info?
- Does the hardware matches with the room decor ?
- Does the hardware meet the required energy efficiency ?
- Does the hardware meet required wind speed durability ?
- Does the hardware meet the basic security requirement?
Choosing the right hardware for your window actually depends on what kind of window you have. The hardware for aluminium window is different compared to wooden windows. The right hardware including aldrops, hinges, handles, locks etc are inevitable part of each and every windows and doors, Window hardware can add or detract to the overall look of your room. Choose a finish that will complement your house window or door style and decor.